Monday, October 5, 2009

What a weekend!

So as far as regular weekends, well...I wouldn't count this as one of them.

We started out normal, until about 12:45. I started getting calls from the emergency room at the hospital. I was unable to answer my phone, and the caller left no messages. So I then spend about 15-20 minutes calling everyone I knew to make sufre that they weren't in some terrifying peril or anything. I finally decicded that since everyone was seemingly okay, it probably amounted to nothing more than a wrong number.

Shortly after I found that my youngest was pretty sick, and had come up with a temp of 103! I decided to take little man to the doctor, and as soon as I had him loaded and ready to go, low and behold, the emergency room calls again! This time I answer, and find that it is my cute little Spanish friend who had stayed with us for two weeks over the summer. She was in the hospital, because she "was very sick, and felt very bad."

Now this is where it get hairy, see she speaks Spanish; I speak English. So here we are trying to get information from one aanother, and it's kind of like two cave-people trying to decern each others grunts. Eventually we get to the point that she wants me to come. I promise I will, after I finish taking Andy to the doctor.

Well, it ends up that I was able to get a friend to go in my stead, and Andy was diagnosed with Strep. I guess he had it pretty bad, because both his ears, and one eye was infected as well.

So that's my extremely exciting story. I know, it's not really that great, but nothing really exciting happens around here, so there you go! :)

I would have to say the the highlight of my weekend was watching all those runners come in from the marathon! It was truly a sight to behold. Runners were coming in crying, laughing, limping, and smiling. I really don't have the words to describe how it felt to see all these thousands of people so satisfied with their accomplishments! Even the crazy guy was fun to watch! (Actually, he was probably the best entertainment one could have!)

Honestly, the best part was seeing Michelle cross that line. I am not sure I have been so excited for a person in my whole life! What she did was extrodinary! Hopefully I can do something that cool one of these days. Way to go Michelle!!! Whoo-Hoo!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your little man gets better soon. It's never fun having sick kids. Hope you are all doing great.

    ReplyDelete