So a few wekks ago I decided to run a triatholon! I had discussed this earlier with Randy and Olga, but due to my back "injury," I wasn't certain that I would be ale to do it. Fortunately, I felt good so i went for it!
If you notice the picture, I look like I know what I am doing, but unfortunately I am about the worst swimmer in the world. I was in the inside lane, so I was able to talk with my boys while I tried not to drown. Chris was very sweet and followed me up and down the lanes. Mom and Dad thought I was wierd for taking my sweet time...What they don't know is, that I was just trying to stay above water!
The biking part was awesome! I am not sure how they managed to find a course that was uphill both ways, but they did. Due to the fact that we were all on pretty crappy bikes, there was a few times that we had to get off, and start walking. All in all, my bike time was not so bad.
The running part was what I expected to do best at, the only problem was that trying not to drown for 20 minutes had left my legs feeling like jelly. Fortunately there were Gatorade stands set up, and I was able to get a quick recharge. I finished with a not so great time, but I finished!
I am super glad I did it, although I wasn't even slightly prepared. My goal is that next year, I will do the sprint level (that's double everything), and I will do well. See ya then!
Way to go!!! I am so proud of you for doing this! You amaze me!
ReplyDelete